Feb 17, 2018

All About Throat (Vishuddha) Chakra - Chakra Balancing & Healing - #SoulfulSaturdays Week 6

All About throat vishuddha Chakra - Chakra Balancing & Healing - #SoulfulSaturdays Week 6

#SoulfulSaturdays is an attempt to put out weekly, simple to consume knowledge bits, help people understand the concepts of holistic living, spirituality, healing, meditation & the likes & share my experiences with the world. This is week 6 and let us understand about the fifth - Throat Chakra (Vishuddha Chakra) - its characteristics, mantra, healing & balancing techniques and more.


This post is a part of #SoulfulSaturdays series that I am doing on my facebook page & group. I would be delighted if you join me on my page or group & participate in the discussions on this beautiful topic. You can also subscribe to this blog & be the first one to receive the updates!

#Week6 #AllAboutThroatChakra
#ChakraBalancing #HolisticLiving #EnergyHealing


I hope you have gone through & understood the week 1week 2week 3week 4, week 5 posts of this series.

Today let us understand the fifth chakra - Throat or Vishuddha Chakra.


I am sharing various aspects of the throat chakra, and pointers to find if your throat chakra is imbalanced & couple of modalities you can opt to balance your chakras. I want you to do a simple exercise at the end of this post.

Physical Location - At the level of the throat (In the neck and shoulders region)


Physical Characteristics - Thyroid & Parathyroid Gland, Neck, Shoulder, Mouth, Arm, Teeth, Jaws, Oral Cavity, Metabolism

Non-Physical Characteristics - Expression of self, communication (verbal or non-verbal)

What Happens When This Chakra Is Balanced - Effective & truthful communication, Good metabolism, good creative identity, good health of the physical characteristics mentioned above

What Happens When This Chakra Is Imbalanced (Blocked or Over Stimulated) - insecurity, introvert, aggressive expression, lack of control over expression/speech, fear of speaking, shyness, social anxiety, stifled creativity, feeling choked up, neck pain, headaches, throat problems like soreness or hoarseness, dental issues, mouth ulcers, thyroid issues

Associated Element (Panch Tatva) - Akash/Ether/Sky

Associated Color To Meditate - Visualize the color Blue at the location of this chakra & concentrate. You may also chant the beej mantra of this chakra.

Beej Mantra To Meditate - Sounds create vibrations in the body, and these vibrations help the cells work together in synchronistic harmony. The mantra sound that corresponds to the Throat chakra is HAM.

Yoga Poses To Balance This Chakra - Shoulder Stand, Fish Pose, Lion Pose, Plow Pose
(You can easily google up these poses if you do not know them)

Affirmations To Balance This Chakra -

I express who I am.
I am open, clear, and honest in my communication.
I have a right to speak my truth.
I communicate my feelings with ease.
I express myself creatively through speech, writing, or art.
I have a strong will that lets me resolve my challenges.
I nourish my spirit through creativity.
I love to share my experiences and wisdom. I know when it is time to listen.
I express my gratitude towards life.
I listen to my body and my feelings to know what my truth is.
I take good care of my physical body.
I am at peace.

Crystal To Heal This Chakra - Blue Lace Agate

Healing With Nature -  Working with the expression & blue color - Express yourself with any art like singing, dancing, writing, painting etc, Being outdoors & watching the blue sky

Exercise To Do At Your End -

  • Have you personally felt any issues like mentioned above that are related to Throat chakra? 
  • What have you done to overcome them till now? 
  • After reading the pointers on how to balance this chakra, which modality will you pick up to balance your Throat chakra?
If you have any questions about the topic for today, please drop in the comments below & I will try to answer them to the best of my capabilities :)


Drop me a message via contact form HERE or email me at thekjunction[at]gmail[dot]com if you want a paid consultation session (skype or phone) on chakra balancing, healing or meditation.

See you next week!

Love, Light, Peace
Kuhoo

This post first appeared on this group - "Our Earth & Us - Striking The Right Balance". I am gaining some good karma by sharing my knowledge & experiences with this group members.


Do not forget to follow "The K Junction" on Facebook page & closed Facebook groupTwitter and Instagram for day to day updates that might not always find a place on this blog. Subscribe to our YouTube channel to know more about our early learning journey, DIY & Montessori & Waldorf inspired activities for kids, kids books & toys reviews and much more!


Hope to see you around. Happy Parenting!


No comments:

Post a Comment